The Goias Velho Region was the first area to be found and mined by Portuguese settlers by 1680.
The region had an estimated production of 3,000,000oz gold during the Colonial period, which made the city of Goias the first capital of the Goias state. It was founded by the famed Bandeirante explorer Bartolomeu Bueno da Silva, nicknamed the Anhangüera, and was called in colonial times Vila Boa de Goyaz ("Goyaz nice town" in archaic Portuguese). Given its historical importance, the historical center of Goiás was included on UNESCO's World Heritage list in 2001. It was the old state capital of Goiás until 1937, when the government seat was transferred to the recently built Goiânia.
Faina city (7,000 habitants) is located 11km from the Cascavel Mine and 25km from the Sertão Mine and the city of Goiás (20,000 habitants) is located 70km from the Cascavel Mine and 45km from the Sertão Mine.
The major cities close to the Orinoco Mines are the state capital Goiânia located 170km with 2,000,000 habitants and the Federal Capital Brasília at 350km with 2,900,000 habitants.
All roads connecting those cities are good sealed roads with either single or dual lines.
The Goiás State is actually the second biggest gold producer in Brazil with several major miners like Anglo Gold, Kingross and Yamana.